Monday, October 24, 2011

Modeling: Warpwolf Stalker Complete

So I decided to do a post today on a model I have already completed, and I feel is my best work so far.  The Circle of Orboros Warpwolf Stalker.  This model was slightly difficult to put together.  I have never pinned models before, but I can see how useful that technique could be.  I started the model off with a black base coat.  The first thing I learned was that brown on black becomes purple.  So the brown skin on the model is a lot of layers of paint to get the color correct.


What I have not really tried out is a method for getting the muscular look in the legs.  I have read what is in the force book on it and just decided not to go with that technique on this model.  I still think the muscles look decent event without the texture.


From the above view, you can start to see some of the detail in the hair.  I just brushed the brown over the black base coat, trying to leave the black in the crevices.  This seamed to work really well and I think is the most technically painted area I did that looks good.  You can also see the gold areas of the mask and feet with the green areas.  This took a little work to get right, but I found a way that limited the amount of touch up needed on the model.

 
Here you can see some more detail on the feet and especially on the armored arm.  You also get a good look at the back side of the basing material.  For this I used Elmer's and Dark Green heavy turf.  Although the turn is a little thicker than I expected, I still like the way it looks on my models.  I am also using rocks from a hobby store on each of the bases I am completing to add to the look.


The last picture got a little light saturation, but you can see more of the back hair and back musculature.  This model was pretty fun to paint and I can tell that I am going to enjoy painting all of the Circle warbeasts.  The hardest part was getting to some of the more "isolated" location on the model because I put it on the base before painting.  This is something I will have to look at during future painting attempts.  I hope you enjoy this paint job.  As always, any thoughts are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment