Sunday, October 23, 2011

Modeling: Kaelyssa WIP (1)

Here is my first painting post.  This will be for Kaelyssa.  A little background on this painting job first.  I tried to use the P3 base coat spray paint for the first time on a set of 7 models, including Kaelyssa.  Either due to it being a new bottle, the temperature outside, or because I stutter sprayed instead of just straight spraying, the model had a think rough coat instead of a smooth base coat.  This required me to take my Dremel with the brass brush so I could remove the original coat.


I did have some problems getting all of the paint off, but I did what I could with the Dremel.  So now came time for base coat #2.  This time I took only 2 models (Kaelyssa and the Artificer) and base coated them properly.  I will show the work on the Artificer in a separate posting.  This time the base coat went on pretty decently.
With a good white base coat, I decided to try a new method for putting on the standard Retribution blue lines.  I have tried before to just get the seams soaked in blue, then just cleaning up as needed.  I found that this was very tedious.  This time I am going to just do a coat in the blue wash, and attempt to dry brush the needed white on top.  You will get to see how well this goes on the blog.  Here is what is looks like with the blue wash.

Next up is the white dry brush and some detail work.  See you in part 2.

1 comment:

  1. On the rough base coating. That's happened to me before and just like you I was not sure what in the world cause it. I actually stopped using that brand of paint all together. Which reminds me to ask... that second coat of basing... was it the same paint but it went on properly the second time?

    I'm also very interested in seeing how it goes to dry brush the main color up from the blue you need. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete