Sunday, November 13, 2011

Modeling: Lord Arcanist Ossyan Complete

Next up is my latest caster for my lists, Ossyan.  I will just call him Ossy for the rest of this painting report.  I purchased him right after release but just recently started playing him regularly having come back to Retribution after playing Circle for a little while.  

If I remember correctly, he came in 5 pieces including the base.  The most memorable part of putting him together was the tube running from his back to the cannon on this left arm.  It took a lot of tweaking to get the tube to fit in the correct spots.  Otherwise this model was very clean and too only a little work to get ready.  This was another model in my set that I had issues with the P3 White Basecoat.  The initial photos below still show some areas where I had problems removing the excess material.  Most noticeable is the face which did not come out clean.  The following 3 photos show the model after clean-up.




Next up was a reapplication of the base coat.  As I found during the last few models, the base coat when on very nicely this time.  There was no clumping or coverage issues.  Although I could tell there was some detail lost due to the previous base coat issues, I was happy with the overall look of the model.




Now it was time for inking.  This was where the detail really came out.  You can see in the blow pictures that the ink worked as intended, filling in the cracks with the dark blue.  I have stated in previous posts that although the Privateer Press painting has the armor solid white with the color "glow", I enjoy the look that comes out of my models where the entire armor has the blue glow coming out.  I am very happy with the ink and just wish I could go back on some of my already completed models, but I just do not have that kind of energy or time.  The inked pictures follow.




I did not get any pictures that show just the dry brushed white, but the following pictures show the completed model.  I also have two sets of photos.  One uses the flash and one does not.  I think I am liking the ones without the flash as the paper and white of the model show more correctly than the ones with the flash.  The flash gives the background a off-white or yellow tinge that I am starting not to like.

So back to the painting itself, I used a green on the cloak and gold/silver for different accents on the model.  As you can tell from the pictures, I need to work on the face detail, but I currently lack a brush that would allow me to put any detail into that part of the model.  I really like how the model turned out other than the face.  I like how intricate the model was created by Privateer Press, and I think this is probably my favorite looking Ret caster.









I am enjoying the painting scheme I have been using and will be using it on all future Ret models.  I am getting ready to make a large order which will include my third heavy and Invictors.  These will likely be my last Ret purchases until the new models come out.  But I still have lots of models to paint, so stand by for more.  Most of the purchase will be Circle models, so I am excited to have more of those to work on.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment